Coconut Water has always been a popular drink to keep one hydrated during harsh Indian summers. The popularity is second to the health benefits it provides, which generally we are not aware of. Here are some little known facts about this amazing natural drink.
(1) Keeps you hydrated – You must be aware of the fact that our body needs hydration to keep it healthy. Well coconut water is 95% water. One everyday will keep you hydrated the whole day even in scorching summers.
(2) Energy Drink – Coconut water is a great natural energy drink. Forget the canned energy drinks and drink one daily for energy throughout the day.
(3) Balances Blood Sugar – Coconut water contains amino acids and dietary fiber which helps regulate blood pressure. It is very good for diabetes patients.
(4) Improves Blood circulation – The magnesium salts present in this natural drink helps to improve blood circulation. This means better healing.
(5) A natural Diuretic – Coconut water is a natural diuretic. It helps dissolve kidney stones as it contains Potassium salts. It promotes urine production helping the body to detoxify.
(6) Helps lose weight – Coconut water is low on calories and high on energy. It has many bio active enzymes which help digestion and increases fat metabolism. Increased fat metabolism helps convert fat into muscles leading to healthy weight loss.
(7) Good for the heart – Mature coconut water induces lipid metabolism increasing HDL and reducing LDL. This helps the heart be healthy and strong. It also has anti-oxidants which reduces plaque formation in veins, which is a major cause of heart disease.
(8) Elixir for the skin – Coconut water balances pH level in the stomach leading to better digestion. It also has antioxidants which slow down ageing. All these things are great for a healthy skin.
(9) Helps get rid of after party hangover – If you have had too much alcohol at a party, you will experience hangover due to dehydration. Coconut water helps you get rid of the headache and hangover. It replenishes the body with electrolytes making your mornings nice.
(10) Lowers Blood pressure – Coconut water is rich in Vitamin C, magnesium and Potassium. Potassium helps reduce Sodium ratio in blood regulating the blood pressure.
3 things to take care : (a) Coconut water may not be suitable for people with nut allergies. (b) Avoid at least 2 weeks before and after surgery as it affects blood pressure (3) People with kidney dysfunction should consult their doctor before including it in their diet.